Friday, December 23, 2016

Lives at Stake

I haven’t been posting regularly. I’m trying to write something punchy and cogent. That takes time. If I’m going to get this blog going, I have to write fast and not worry about writing well. I’m going to shoot for one paragraph a day. Here goes.

People ask me all the time why I’ve decided to switch to nursing. Here’s what I tell them. I got tired of working to add a few pennies to the fortunes of people who already have billions. There was a time when I was proud and happy to work in the tech industry, but returns were diminishing. Among the other ways of articulating my impulse to change can be expressed another way. If people are going to demand I work as if lives were at stake, then goddammit, there really should be lives at stake.

Cheers, Merry, and Happy, 
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment